Since October 2007 you can only buy a realistic imitation firearm; an airsoft gun (one that looks like a real gun) if you are at least 18 years old and meet one of the following conditions:
• You are a ‘registered’ airsofter with membership of an insured skirmish site and hold an UKARA license: To be registered, you must attend a properly organised and insured airsoft site and play for at least three days over a period of no less than two months. Even if you attend and play the three days in your first week, UK Law requires that two months pass from the first day you attended before you can legally be registered. * We are a registered UKARA site, therefore you can earn and maintain your UKARA license with us.
• You are a member of a properly insured historical re-enactment group or society.
• You are a film, television or theatre production company.
• You are (or are acting on behalf of) a museum
• You are a Crown Servant in pursuance of your Crown duties